Monday, August 31, 2009

Better Each Day...

Dad's strength is steadily improving each day and this is just the news we were hoping for. He and Mom are hoping to fly home on Saturday. There are a number of arrangements that have to be made in regards to travel accommodations, like oxygen on the plane and just getting Dad to and from the car and the gate. The surgeon should release him when they visit his office later in the week and he will finish his anti-biotic infusions as well. Finally, this all feels like real progress!!!

I've heard from many of you that you appreciate the blog and even find it a bit humorous. I just wanted to say that I'm glad! I'm trying to keep it light since it's such a heavy topic. But, sometimes I can't live up to the pressure to think of anything funny. So, tonight's humorous line at Dad's expense comes from Sue...I spoke to her this weekend and asked how Dad was doing. Sue said, "Well, Mom gave him a haircut and he got a shower. Which is a good thing, because he cleaned up nicely and looks less like a Scary Old Man." Nice!!! I believe the saying goes, 'With friends (family) like this, who needs enemies?'

3 comments:

  1. Kathy - I have enjoyed this blog and your posts as well. Are you a writer? You should be one, if you aren't.

    My thoughts and prayers remain with you all -

    Mary Butler - librarian at A-B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy you are the best! And news that Henry & Elaine are coming home Saturday is Fantastic! Henry stay on your feet, no weebles, no woobles, stay steady and get back home - we miss you two terrible. Hope to see you all soon.
    Love,
    Bob & Millie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,
    I am definitely not a writer. I work for a City in St. Louis County doing Parks and Recreation. Although myself and my fellow employees at City Hall have contemplated writing a book about the joys of working with the public. The title...City Hell.

    Could be interesting reading, although some stories are so crazy publishers would think it should be fiction!

    Thanks for the prayers.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete